Sunday, June 20, 2010

I just recently got my hair twisted. It has not locked yet. How soon can i wash it?

i am growing dreads. i am african american and i have had my twist for a bout a month and i want to know how soon i can wash my hair



I just recently got my hair twisted. It has not locked yet. How soon can i wash it?

My advice is to have a professional wash it for the first year or until it locks. Depending on your hair texture, it could take your hair anywhere froom 3 months to 1 year or a little more to lock. When you wash your hair, it can unravel some twists and in order to put them back properly so you have the same size locks and it looks more uniform, it's good to go to a professional. In between washes, if your scalp is itching, I would recommend wiping between your twists with witchhazel. This is a gentle way to cleanse your scalp without disturbing your hair. Also, make sure you wrap your hair in a silk scarf when you go to bed.



I just recently got my hair twisted. It has not locked yet. How soon can i wash it?

If it is not bothering you do not wash it yet. Wait a few weeks yet.



I just recently got my hair twisted. It has not locked yet. How soon can i wash it?

use a cotton ball and soak it in alcohol and then rub it over your head.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
school loans